Something Screwy With File Creation in OS X?

Alex Rice alrice at arcplanning.com
Fri Aug 29 03:05:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 01:46  AM, Dan Shafer wrote:
> But Finder is completely unable to locate the file. Searches for the
> file name by every possible criterion come up empty. I want to use a
> text editor to examine the file for instructional purposes but I can't
> find the darned thing.
>
> OK, I'm ready with the Stupid Stick.

The file should be in "the defaultFolder"

put pi into URL "file:foo.txt"
put the defaultFolder
-> /Applications/Revolution 2.1

there is a file /Applications/Revolution 2.1/foo.txt with 3.14... in it.

I never search with Finder, so can't help you there. I text towards
Unix stuff so I use locate, find and grep from the command line.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com