visual effect between stacks

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Aug 29 02:08:00 EDT 2003

>>Hey... it seems the in window modifier for go cd supports visual efects
>>between stacks.

> Not so easy ;-(
>
> I've got heaps going on to generate each screen. It's a git tricky but I
> should be able to get it right in the end.

*****
Monte: You might try having a white card in each stack. To transition from
one stack to another, fade to the white card, go to the white card of the
next stack, then fade out of it to the destination.
*****

Actually the in window modifier works well and I've sorted out all hte
little issues. Unfortunatly the docs get confused about the ability to
specify a mode and a window in the one go statement. That messed me up for a
while but I eventually realised that you can't. I'll bugzilla the go docs
soon.

The offending line is:
go to stack "Controls" as palette in stack "Discussion"

when you can only use on of as mode or in window.
another thing that stuffed me up was that when opening a card in another
stack one would think the mode would be inherited from the stack opened in
rather than the stack being opened.

Cheers

Monte