Acrobat Reader is present?

ecu mcmultimedia at entelnet.bo
Thu Aug 28 16:13:01 EDT 2003

Amigos:
Many times you want to check if certain sw is installed in the users
computer, this is true for Quicktime (in order to run QT files like
QTVR etc), inthat case it is easily tetsted with the result of the
function QTVersion(). But what if you want to know if Acrobat is
installed?

I want to be able to read pdf files directly within RR in the Mac, I
can use a player and QT 6.3  but the trick doesn't work with Windows,
pdf files can be viewed with the Excelent AltBowser only if the machine
has Acrobat.

Any ideas? I understand that, in the winboxes there is something like a
"Registry" where the system store info about the residing apps.

Have a good day,
mcmultimedia at entelnet.bo
Javier