[ANN] The Scripters Scrapbook v3b4 for RR

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Thu Aug 28 11:45:02 EDT 2003

> www.flexibleLearning.com/xtalk/scriptersscrapbook/ScriptersScrapBook_v3b4.zip
>
> Feel free to delete all the contents and fill with your own... That's
> what it's designed for.
>
> If you wish to give it a spin and let me have some feedback before it is
> finalised, your support would be much appreciated! Size about 100k as a
> zip file.

I took a look at this, very interesting; I am curious about coding
methods and structure that others use.  I am trying to figure out the
best way to structure an application.

One thing I immediately noticed is that ScriptersScrapbook does not seem
to behave like a "normal" rev application like I have been creating.  I
could not seem to use the pointer tool to select objects, although I
could by using the application browser.  And "lock messages" does not
seem to affect this application.

Can you explain how the ScriptersScrapbook app is "different"? Also, any
other folks that have links to good examples of coding style and
methods, I would love to see them.

I get the feeling that as powerful as RR is, there are plenty of ways to
abuse the language, like Perl.  The voices of experience would help
here. I.e., is it better to tuck little snippets of code away inside
lots of objects, or collect the code all at the main card level (as
ScriptersScrapbook seems to have done).

-Steve