here's a challenge

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Aug 27 17:37:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 03:55 PM, Chris Sheffield wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas?

1.
Use the box char property.

2.
You can make a rectangle.  Place it around the line (or word).  Find
the rectangle for the line (or word) and then put a space around that
to make the rectangle.

Now all you have to do is find the rectangle of the line (or word). For
line:  The top is the field top plus the border plus the margin plus a
magic number plus the formattedHeight of all lines before it (or 0 for
none).  The left, I would guess, is the left of the field plus the
border plus the margin.  The width of the line and the height of the
line get from formattedWidth and formattedHeight.

Wild idea.  I'm not sure how this will work.  I probably left out some
numbers to add.

I'm not sure how to make the box outline translucent.

Dar Scott