Possible bug in "selectedLines" in 2.0.x

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Wed Aug 27 10:16:01 EDT 2003

I haven't checked 2.1 yet but, in 2.0.1, I've found something a little
strange. I can eMail the stack if you're interested as it's very small
(8K).

I was testing that wonderful little "drag&drop" example provided by
Klaus. (Yes, your script works perfectly! Thank you.)

The stack has a field "fieldOfPaths" with "list behavior" and all the
Hilite options checked in the Object Inspector. Also, "don't wrap" is
checked. I have some text in the field occupying 4 lines. When I hilite
non-contiguous lines, and then execute the following script in a button:

   answer the selectedLines of field "fieldOfPaths"

...only the line(s) before the break are noted. In other words, if I
have hilited lines 1 & 3, only line 1 is reported as selected. If I
hilite lines 1, 2, and 4, only lines 1 & 2 are reported as selected.

It's also apparent using "selectedChunk"; only the chars before the
non-hilited line are reported.

However, "selectedText" -does- report the non-contiguous selection
properly.

If this is something that was fixed in 2.1, I'd better switch, eh?
Otherwise, should I report this as a bug (assuming no one else has)?

Thanks,
Barry