Connecting to PostgreSQL DB?

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Tue Aug 26 10:47:34 EDT 2003

Alex & Pierre

Thank you both for guiding the blind!  You were both correct, I
needed to enable the tcpip_socket option.  However, despite several
"pg_ctl reload" attempts, the running copy of PostgreSQL wouldn't
listen on port 5432.  In the end I rebooted my iMac (acting as a db
server) and restarted a new session of PostgreSQL.  this sorted it!

I can now connect using Rev 2.1 as well as using the admin tools I mentioned.

Thanks again.

Best regards

Peter

--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk
Web: http://www.reidit.co.uk