Picture this

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Aug 26 10:45:01 EDT 2003

Hello Rev'ers,

I've been playing with my pseudo-scroller in SuperCard and ran across a
snag. I'm also experimenting in RR.

Here's the thing again: I'm trying to continuously scroll a field via script
with a magnifier overlay across the middle.

The scroll routine works quite well by simply changing the vertical
component of the field location in the window. The problem is capturing a
picture of the middle line and displaying it in a wider little palette
window that overlies the portion where the picture is captured of the line
in the field of the underlying window, then making it display simultaneously
along with the scroll.

This means the captured picture of the underlying line of text has to be
re-displayed in the palette window in the same loop with the scroll routine.

I have the routine going in SC by transferring the captured picture to the
clipboard then back to the graphic in the palette. I've confirmed that it
gets to the clipboard, because I can set the last capture manually and it
shows up. However it won't display on the fly (haven't figured out why yet).

Now, I'm looking for a similar solution in Rev. Any ideas at all?

TIA,
Ken N.