How to purge a stack from memory by script?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sat Aug 23 06:00:00 EDT 2003

Bonjour Ludovic et Francois,

> On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 00:43:58 +0200, François Cuneo wrote:
>> Hello!
>> I'm completely unable to works with saved and closed stack with my
>> code.
>> When I close the stack and I save it, if I load the stack again or
>> change
>> her name, I have a message that says that I'm trying to load a stack
>> already
>> opened.
>> So when I close the stack, I want to purge it from memory.
>> Is it possible??
>
> In Stack Property, check the 'Purge stack on close'.
>
> But why this button is not "true" by default ?

Ask the RR team ;-)

But you can set this in the preferences -> Files & Memory

And there IS a way to remove a stack from memory by script.

This is from the RR dox, see under "delete stack command":

Use the "delete stack xxx" command to delete a substack!!!!,
or to purge a main stack from memory.

So use this with caution ;-)

Hope that helps...

Regards