image pasting

Mark Talluto revlists at canelasoftware.com
Fri Aug 22 13:20:25 EDT 2003

On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 09:22 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 8/22/03 4:59 AM, mazzapaolo wrote:
>
>> When I get images from the clipboard i loose transparency. (Also
>> copying and pasting in Revolution)
>> Is it a bug of Rev 2.1 ,  is it a limitation of the program or am I
>> missing something?
>
> To maintain transparency, you'd save yourself a lot of trouble if you
> would save your images as transparent gif or png images in your paint
> program. Then import the images from disk, using "Import as control"
> in Rev's file menu. That will maintain transparency as well as avoid
> all the resizing problems you were having.
>
> Importing images from disk is the standard way to get them into a
> stack. In fact, until I answered your questions about it, I had never
> even tried to paste an image directly into a stack from the clipboard.
> It seems to be far more work to paste the image than to import it from
> disk. Pasting requires a lot of extra scripting to get the image into
> the same state that is produced automatically with an import.

To play devils advocate, it would be nice to be able to paste directly
from one app to a Rev app.  You might be making a paint program, layout
program, multimedia app, or various other apps where this would be
useful.  The pasting and getting extra white space needs to be
Bugzillaed.

For creating your interface in Rev, you should just import the image as
normal for the time being.  Not sure if cutting and pasting from
another app and maintaining transparency is a job for Rev though.  I
think that is saved to the file and not in the host app's memory.

Best regards,
Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com