image pasting

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Aug 22 11:29:01 EDT 2003

On 8/22/03 4:59 AM, mazzapaolo wrote:

> When I get images from the clipboard i loose transparency. (Also copying
> and pasting in Revolution)
> Is it a bug of Rev 2.1 ,  is it a limitation of the program or am I
> missing something?

To maintain transparency, you'd save yourself a lot of trouble if you
would save your images as transparent gif or png images in your paint
program. Then import the images from disk, using "Import as control" in
Rev's file menu. That will maintain transparency as well as avoid all
the resizing problems you were having.

Importing images from disk is the standard way to get them into a stack.
In fact, until I answered your questions about it, I had never even
tried to paste an image directly into a stack from the clipboard. It
seems to be far more work to paste the image than to import it from
disk. Pasting requires a lot of extra scripting to get the image into
the same state that is produced automatically with an import.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com