delete line x in Rev 2.1B2 vs. 2.1RC1

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 21 20:20:00 EDT 2003

On 8/21/03 6:52 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> It is interesting (to someone weird like me) that what we expect for
> 'delete line x...' is not the same as what we expect for 'put empty into
> line x ...'.

I remember wondering about the same thing when I was learning HyperCard.
It makes sense in its own way. Removing a line takes away the whole
thing including the carriage return. Putting empty into a line replaces
the contents of the line with nothing, but the line has not been
removed. The line is still there, just with nothing in it.

Sort of, I think, like zero is a number even though it doesn't contain
any amount.

> I wonder if there is an similar change in behavior for other non-char chunks.

Aren't all chunks comprised of characters by definition?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com