Using strong language on the lists

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Thu Aug 21 15:16:00 EDT 2003

Ken Norris writes:

>> From: miscdas at boxfrog.com
>> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>> Subject: Re: Using strong language on the lists
>>
>> Ken Norris writes:
>> [snip]
>>>
>>> Cusswords are like pondscum floating around on the very surface of the
>>> brain...quick and easy to get to, but nasty and infectious.
>>
>> Duh! That's exactly the point of them!
> ----------
> So you think that makes it OK? It's about people doing or saying things
> regardless of the harm it might do to others, just because it's convenient
> or they think it's cute or funny.
>
> That's the end of it for me.
>
> Best regards,
> Ken N.
I clearly did not say that makes it OK--I have no comment on that issue.
As for convenient, cute, or funny, I think you've missed the mark. It
appeared to me that Richmond was having an emotional outburst, and
right-or-wrong, our society more readily tolerates an emotional faux paus
thatn conveient, cute, or funny.

miscdas