Speech Recognition?

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Thu Aug 21 12:35:01 EDT 2003

>Is there anyway to get Revolution to work with
>Mac OS X's built-in speech recognition routines
>other than using Applescript?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rick Harrison

You can make your own Speakable items - the are applescripts.

So... you could make a Speakable item that placed a phrase, word, or
some other 'trigger' onto the clipboard (for example):

tell application "Finder"
	set the clipboard to "checkWebSite" as text
end tell

then have a Rev app check the contents of the clipboard every so often...

when your phrase/word/trigger appears on the clipboard you then have
your Rev app
do something...set up a switch where if the clipboard is x do this, if
it is y do that, etc.  You could probably do some sort of apple event thing
also.

How's that sound?

I've found the Speakable items a bit inconsistent on my machine and
would love to test with someone who has either a good microphone
or who has had a consistently good experience with Speakables.

hth

sims