Help with related listfields.

yoy yoy at comcast.net
Wed Aug 20 15:11:00 EDT 2003

Hello fellow revolutionaries!

I'm back with a new issue.

My next program is a program launcher. I have a listfield of applications
and a list field of documents.

The behavior of the program is simple. The user adds applications to the
apps listfield. Then with the app selected in that list the user can add
documents to the document listfield. When all set up, the user can scroll to
and double-click on an application to launch it or select the app and tab
over to the documents list and scroll to a document, double click it to open
with the associated application (launch myDoc with myApp).

Here's where I'm stalled. When the user chooses an application from the app
listfield, I want the document list to change to show only that apps
documents.

I've got it to the point that the user can see and launch the apps with
documents, but the documents are not yet related to their designated
application.

At this point, I have gAppDir and gDocDir variables that store two items in
each. Item 1 is the listfield display names and item 2 is the path to those
files.

Do I need to use arrays or save to and read from one or more "prefs" file
for each application to make it work without a tangle of spaghetti code?

Is this clear or cloudy?

I posted a zip'd .rev if you want to see what I'm trying to accomplish:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/foxcat/ClawLaunch.zip

Thanks for any advice.

Andy