DB Access in standalones

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Aug 20 00:14:00 EDT 2003

On 8/19/03 11:28 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> The Dist Builder sets the externals property of the standalone stack for you
> during the build so you don't need to do anything except make sure that the
> destroyStack of the standalone stack (splash) isn't true. Externals exit
> when the stack they are referenced from is removed from memory.

That's what I figured, it is good to get confirmation. When I said the
externals were set on the mainstack, I meant that I was letting Rev do
that. I did try setting them myself once, but the distribution builder
changed them anyway so I quit trying. The destroystack of the
splash/standalone is false, but even so, I'm no longer closing it. Still
doesn't work though.

Did anyone try Chris' database test?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com