DB Access in standalones

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Aug 19 23:39:01 EDT 2003

On 8/19/03 J. Landman Gay wrote>
>I had great hopes for this, but it didn't work. What handler did you put
>the "start using" command into? I tried putting it into the preOpenStack
>script of the splash stack. Technically we should never have to "start
>using" the mainstack in a standalone because its scripts are always in
>use anyway, so if this worked for you it is an unusual requirement. But
>I carried on.
>
>My stack setup is nearly identical to yours. Splash stack becomes the
>standalone mainstack, DB libs in a substack. The externals property is
>set on the mainstack. I was previously closing the main stack before
>going to another stack, and your hint made me think this could be the
>problem. I  think (but am not sure) that closing a stack removes its
>externals from memory. So I left the mainstack open as well as started
>using it. Still didn't work though.

The splash stack hides itself and opens the program.rev file which is in the data folder.  In the preOpenStack handler of program.rev I start using the splash stack and the database stack.  Using the rev database functions works properly this way.  I remember having to try A LOT of different combinations before I came across this one.  It even stumped the Rev tech support people.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com