QuickTime streaming server

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Aug 19 21:44:00 EDT 2003

> On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 05:37 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:
> >
> > I get a 404 Not Found error but before that I get the Q downloading
> > image in
> > the player so it looks like rtsp urls do work (in the ide). I tried
> > using
> > the player also and still got 404 not found so perhaps you've got the
> > filename wrong???
> >

> The url is ok.  I just typed it into the qt player at it plays just
> fine.  In fact, I just clicked on the link from my previous post and it
> opened up Apple's QTPlayer and it began to play.  You could substitute
> the link for any link that you know of.  I have used in the past some
> of the links Apple provides for testing as well.  I pulled the previous
> link from a discussion group on the QTSS on Apple's support site.
>
> I am highly confused as to why this works so well in the IDE, but not
> in a standalone.  I am going to give it a try on MC and see how it goes.

OK... I did a test using Darwin Streaming Server and it seems to be as you
say if the player object is already existing but if you create the object on
the fly after loading QuickTime using the QTVersion function then it works.
My guess is you just need to load QuickTime prior to opening a stack with a
player so you might be able to use the startup handler of your splash
screen.

I'll leave it up to you to report this to bugzilla

Monte