QuickTime streaming server

Mark Talluto revlists at canelasoftware.com
Tue Aug 19 20:44:02 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 05:37 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> I get a 404 Not Found error but before that I get the Q downloading
> image in
> the player so it looks like rtsp urls do work (in the ide). I tried
> using
> the player also and still got 404 not found so perhaps you've got the
> filename wrong???

The url is ok.  I just typed it into the qt player at it plays just
fine.  In fact, I just clicked on the link from my previous post and it
opened up Apple's QTPlayer and it began to play.  You could substitute
the link for any link that you know of.  I have used in the past some
of the links Apple provides for testing as well.  I pulled the previous
link from a discussion group on the QTSS on Apple's support site.

I am highly confused as to why this works so well in the IDE, but not
in a standalone.  I am going to give it a try on MC and see how it goes.

Best regards,
Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com