kiosk/game mode

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Tue Aug 19 18:02:01 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 04:33  PM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> A screen-sized stack with no menu doesn't do it?
>
> A smaller stack that sets the backdrop?
>
> What am I missing?

Both of those methods are partial solutions yes. The drawback is the
user can still see the Dock and the App menu on OS X. The Dock is
particularly annoying in this respect. I assume one could still see the
Start menu/toolbar on Windows.

By "grab the display" this means the game takes control of the entire
display- sometimes accompanied with a change in the resolution and/or
color depth.

I have a bunch of educational games for my son and 90% of them do this.
Most are Director apps, I think.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com