[ANN] A Primer on Message Mechanics--you know, 'send'

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Aug 19 17:08:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 03:42 PM, erik hansen wrote:

> what does [ANN] mean (and it please you)?

I'm not sure.  I think Ann collects some of these things.

I think it means announcement and is intended as a warning that the
material is not really a question but might even be somewhat
self-serving, vain or commercial.

I included it because I wanted to be in the "in" crowd and use all the
cool subject labels that those in the "in" crowd use.

Maybe next time I'll try [NEW] or [XYZZY] and see what happens.

Dar Scott

     Dar Scott Consulting
     http://www.swcp.com/dsc/
     Programming Services