[ANN] A Primer on Message Mechanics--you know, 'send'

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Aug 19 12:51:01 EDT 2003

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 08:07 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> Thank you, thank you very much for your primer!!!! it's very fun and i
> learned much!!!!!

Thanks!  I had fun making it.  (And I can find my own script examples
faster now.)

Fun and learned much.  Those are just the right words for me to hear.

> I'll also download the primer primer so that i can make primers myself.

The current "A Simple Primer Primer" does not adjust font properties
for platforms and uses design-time script-callout adjustments instead
of runtime adjustments.

> .. we could really help the community with approaches like this!!!!

Though this was fun, it did take a while, and I wouldn't want making
primers to become a burden for folks.  People can take their time or
use a different style.

You might have noticed that the last third is a little weak and I
completely ignored the interaction with 'wait'.  Maybe that is right
for a primer, but it is mostly because I wanted to get it out the door.

Dar Scott