Portable fonts and usage recommendations needed

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 16 20:21:01 EDT 2003

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 05:30  PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> Maybe when the stack is opened I can try a bunch of fonts and sizes
> until formatedHeight and formatted Width of test strings look right.
>
> Or, and this is what you said, Mark, I can run experiments that create
> the map I need.  If it is automatic my stack might look OK on exotic
> platforms or maybe go bananas.

That's it! Get a comparison program to create the maps. I sometimes
forget that computers are supposed to make life easier. I'll need to
work on this. Once I have one that works I can even try to intercept
htmlText issues. My experience is to use font maps of known fonts that
map well. If there is no comparison that fits well then I guess I'll
just let it go. I'm storing the html in the saved documents so when
they are opened by the other than creator platform I will have to use
the font map to rewrite the html text. Lots of fun.

Mark