Anyone At All Using Valentina?

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Tue Aug 19 11:23:01 EDT 2003

Thanks for the answers. I get it now.

Valentina is a stand-alone, requiring no server, therefore ideally
suited to CD-ROM distributed products.

It is easier to set up than mySQL.

And it is blazingly fast so it wins out in situations where you need a
local, single-user data store to support  Rev app that is not going to
be networked.

I had my "Web app" glasses on when I evaluated it.

But one thing: as far as I can tell, I don't have to pay a dime to
distribute mySQL-based apps unless I need to deliver the mySQL database
with it, which is something nobody would do except for a pretty
high-end enterprise solution which was being deployed off a local
server.

Back to the Revolution and my book project (news is forthcoming).

Dan Shafer, Revolutionary
Author of forthcoming 3-book set,
"Revolution: Programming at the Speed of Thought"
http://www.revolutionpros.com for More Info