Anyone At All Using Valentina?

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Tue Aug 19 01:37:01 EDT 2003

Poking around database support in Rev, I spent a bit more time looking
into Valentina this evening.

Is anyone out there using it? I mean, $200 for a database in an era
when mySQL -- one of the best databases on the planet -- is free and
ODBC connectors are also mostly free?

So if someone's using it, I'd be mighty curious to know why. It doesn't
seem to me to have any advantages at all.

If it was $50 or less, I might license it just for testing locally, but
I can set up a local instance of mySQL for free, so....

What am I missing here, people?

Dan Shafer, Revolutionary
Author of forthcoming 3-book set,
"Revolution: Programming at the Speed of Thought"
http://www.revolutionpros.com for More Info