How can I make my mainstack stay invisible?

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 04:21:00 EDT 2003

Thanks to Ken for his solution - looks good.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:23:51 +0930, "Monte Goulding"
<monte at sweattechnologies.com> wrote:

>  > >
>>  > I've got a mainstack that the user is never supposed to see, and
>>  > which should not be at the front. It's just an anchor for all my
>>  > substacks.
>
>What do you mean by anchor? Why do you need to open the stack at all if it's
>always invisible to the user?

It's the stack with all the startup logic and it's the root of all
the common handlers for the rest of the app, plus it contains private
debugging info (I have a kind of tracer/timer routine that shows the
progress of certain events in a field I can look at during
development). Since it's the mainstack, it opens automatically when
the app starts. I may have designed my app in a stupid way from the
RunRev point of view, but I got some of these ideas from SuperCard
and they've stuck...

BTW, I suggested in my previous post that to solve my problem I could
position the stack off screen. Turns out that the IDE doesn't give
you this choice for a mainstack - the size data is there in the Stack
Inspector, but the position data is not shown. Maybe the thing has to
appear at the screenLoc. This is not documented AFAIK.

Graham