iTunes & song names

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Sun Aug 17 14:25:00 EDT 2003

I am trying to get the names of all the songs that are in iTunes,
using applescript seems a bit slow so I am trying a Rev solution.

If you feel like letting me know if the following works for you, make a btn
and place the following script into it, also make a fld named "muse".

Feel free to email off-list  so we don't clutter the list.

This is for OS X ONLY!

**Please let me know what version iTunes you have!**

TIA

sims

on mouseUp
   set the cursor to watch
     put the defaultFolder into tDefaultFolder
   put  tUser  into tXMLLocation
  put specialFolderPath(Desktop) into tUser
   set the itemDel to "/"
   delete last item of tUser
  put  "file:"&tUser  into tXMLLocation
  put    tXMLLocation&"/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml"   into tPlace
   put url tPlace  into theContainer
      put
into tEnd
     put line 1 to tEnd-1 of theContainer into theContainer
repeat for each line thisLine in theContainer
     if "<key>Name</key>" is in thisLine then put thisLine &cr after tData
   end repeat
replace tab with "" in tData
replace "</string>" with "" in tData
put  "The number of songs you have is:" & the num of lines in tData
put tData into fld "muse"
set the defaultFolder to tDefaultFolder
end mouseUp