Best way to set up an idle timer

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Aug 17 12:21:00 EDT 2003

On Sunday, August 17, 2003, at 09:02 AM, Victor Eijkhout wrote:

> I once tried using this "send" trick for time critical stuff, but that
> doesn't work if the machine goes to sleep.

I wonder what is a good way to make sure there is a wake up.  Or if
there is one.  Or how to prevent sleep.

> What's more, I get the impression that after the machine wakes up, the
> sleep period is not counted in the specified interval.

Since send is based (down inside) on date/time, I suspect this is not
the case, but I have not run the tests.

I have been wonder what are the timing needs near sleep.

Dar Scott

     Dar Scott Consulting
     http://www.swcp.com/dsc/
     Programming Services