Printing problem...I'd hate to say a "bug" but.... - a workaround

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Sat Aug 16 18:37:00 EDT 2003

As so often happens, composing an eMail describing the problem in a
systematic way gives birth to the resolution or, in this case at least,
a workaround.

My problem (which I still believe is a Rev bug and I will report it) is
that Rev seems to be leaking the "print this card" command to the OS
(XP Pro, at least) even though it is issued -after- I have used "open
printing" but -before- I have used "close printing". As my script was
taking pictures of the screen, the printer status window (which had
popped up in front of my stack) was now being included in the picture
and, of course, in the printout of that card.

I'll workaround this problem by not even beginning the print job until
all the pictures have been "shot" and placed; then I'll cycle through
the cards to print them. Finally, I'll cycle through them once again to
delete the screen shots that were added  in the original "cycle". Now
if/when the Printer Status window (of whatever printer) happens to
popup, my app won't care.

Barry