Help - my RunRev IDE has slowed to a crawl

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sat Aug 16 16:27:00 EDT 2003

Graham Samuel wrote:
> I remember this happening to other people maybe when RunRev 2.0 came
> out, but I can't find the messages using the Google search.
>
> Today I was editing a set of stacks which I've been working on for a
> very long time using both Mac and Windows environments. In this case I
> was using a Mac running OS9.2.2 to power RR 2.0r2, and very soon after
> opening my mainstack in the IDE, things slowed to a crawl to the extent
> that it takes tens of seconds for RunRev to react to clicks or even to
> give up control to another app. I don't think I've changed my own stuff
> in other than a trivial way since it was working without problems (just
> a few iterations ago).
>
> Can anyone suggest something I should be doing to bring the IDE back to
> life?
>
> (I ought maybe to say that most of my recent development has been done
> using a Windows XP system and I've only just got back to the Mac -
> nevertheless I have built some working apps using the Dist Builder today).
>
> Just can't think how to proceed...
>
> TIA for any advice
>
> Graham

Hi Graham,

I had such kind of "slowing down" problems when i switched my first app
from MC 2.5 to Rev 2.0.1 (Linux and Jaguar platforms). The only
workaround i found to resolve the problem has been to avoid to put more
than 100 different objects (buttons, fiels, groups,...) per card.

Hope this can help.

--
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Serveurs d'applications et SGBDR (Web/PGI)
Penser et produire l'avantage compétitif