Payload Charts for Light Aircraft

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 16 14:04:01 EDT 2003

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 08:35  AM, Ken Norris wrote:

> This chart generator was originally created in HyperCard on a Mac SE
> about
> 14 years ago. It was co-authored by myself and Roger Peard, Col.,
> USMC, Rtd.
> Both of us were members of the Blackhawk Sqdn (Lake Tahoe) of the
> Civil Air
> Patrol at the time. I want to rewrite it with an entirely new UI in
> Rev.
>
> It came from a concern for the safety of high Density Altitude
> departures at
> Lake Tahoe Airport.

Ah, the Lake Tahoe Airport. That is where I finished off my
qualifications for high performance aircraft in mountainous terrain. As
I recall the Beachcraft Bonanza was topped of with fuel with three on
board and was in the hot 95+ F degrees. At least as I recall it the
pressure altitude was around 10,000 feet. We used 5000 feet of the
seven thousand foot runway. At 11:00 AM that same morning we used 90%
of Mammoth's shorter runway. I watched a Citobria use all 100% of the
Mammoth Airport to get into the air right after we took off.

So are you going to make this app available for hot pilots?

Mark