drag/drop to reorder text items in a list?

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Thu Aug 14 16:51:00 EDT 2003

> Has anyone ever used Revolution to do dragging-and-dropping of lines of text
> within a text field?   That is, permitting the user to drag line #15 within a
> text field between line 4 and 5 and having Revolution re-shuffle the list.

Try this:

on mouseDown
     put word 2 of the clickLine into cl
     set the textstyle of line cl of me to bold
    put item 2 of the mouseLoc into starty
    put the effective textHeight of me into th
    repeat while the mouse is down
      if item 2 of the mouseLoc - starty > (th/2) then
        lock screen
        put cr & line cl of me after line cl + 1 of me
        delete line cl of me
        add 1 to cl
        set the textstyle of line cl of me to bold
        add th to starty
        unlock screen
      else if starty - item 2 of the mouseLoc > (th/2) then
        lock screen
        put line cl of me & cr before line cl - 1 of me
        delete line cl + 1 of me
        subtract 1 from cl
        set the textstyle of line cl of me to bold
        subtract th from starty
        unlock screen
      end if
    end repeat
    set the textstyle of line cl of me to plain
  end if
end mouseDown

Maybe there are simpler solutions.

Regards,