Best way to create thumbnails?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Wed Aug 13 21:44:00 EDT 2003

I've got an app which I've written (quite rapidly thanks to Revolution),
which allows the user to drag-and-drop JPEG images from their hard-drive, and it
automatically uploads them to a central repository known only to the app.
This is working great, but I'd like to do one more thing - - - I'd like to see if
it's possible for Revolution to create a thumbnail image of each JPEG image
that's getting uploaded, and place the thumbnails within another directory on
the server.

I'm looking for advice as to the best way to accomplish this - - - since I'm
just FTPing the images right from the hard-drive to the server, I'm not
actually opening and reading the image files.   Should I assume that I need to alter
this strategy and have Rev open each image file before it gets uploaded, and
take a snapshot of each image and shrink it and save it out as a thumbnail
JPEG - - - then FTP both the full-size image as well as the thumbnail image?
There's no "create thumbnail from JPEG" command that I've missed in Rev is
there?