Unable to switch to version 2.

taillade taillade.m at wanadoo.fr
Wed Aug 13 12:13:00 EDT 2003

Bonjour Jan,

When I am able to open the stack, I may see what happens on
preopenstack, openstack and so on .. and everything is correct.

The problem happens when arriving (for the first time after opening the
application)  to the line do "go stack ...

put vgstack into vgstackactif (where vgstack is the short name)
go stack vgstackactif

it enter  into an endless loop without going farther, I need to apply
cd period, and then the stack is open.
Later and until I don't close the application, I am able to open and
close the stack  (but its not comfortable I need do navigate within 50
different stacks).

I had 3 hypothesis (and keep in mind version 1.1.1 is working
perfectly):

a) I was doing a mistake when using the command  do "go
stack"&&vgstackactif. Now I am writing go stack vgstackactif
and the problem is the same.

b) I had the problem with the debugObjects custom property in
cRevGeneral discussed within this list in may 2003
I cleaned all the stacks by using

answer file "Open which stack?"
   put it into myStack
   lock messages
   open stack myStack
   get the customKeys["cRevGeneral"] of stack myStack
   set the wholeMatches to true
   delete line lineOffset("debugObjects",it) of it
   set the customKeys["cRevGeneral"] of stack myStack to it

No change..

c) I am doing a mistake in fixing the directory of the stack from which
I am starting to open the next one when I specify the directory by
using:
On preopenstack
   global vgDirectorySommaire
   put the filename of this stack into vabsolutepath
   set itemDel to "/"
   put item 1 to -2 of the fileName of this stack into
vgDirectorySommaire
   set the directory to vgDirectorySommaire  ….

I read  there was a change in the file path between version 1.1.1 and
Version 2. but I don't see the relation with the directory.

The answer is coming from the differences between version 1.1.1 and
version 2.0.
Why it is working on version 1 and not on 2..... and what was different
around "go stack ...", directory, file path ???

I must say I am discouraged, I am stuck in this problem since May..
thank you for your help
Michel Taillade