Losing track of time

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Aug 12 13:56:00 EDT 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 02:50 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> You specify the "send" time in a script as a time duration, but the
> engine converts that to a specific date/time and stores it in the
> pendingMessages as a specific point in time.
> It doesn't really count seconds, it stores the trigger-time as a
> specific date/time.

There are many cases in which I would wish for a send that used a true
delta in time regardless of changes in clock settings.  (This is
related to my wish for a timer function, similar to the long seconds,
that is not connected to a clock and especially is not even-second
resynced at times as in Windows and some Mac OS)

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 04:35 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> I still think you will all find that maintaining a built-in timer with
> tight
> accuracy is too much work.  Just poll the current time and base your
> calculations on that.

If my wish for a true delta-time send came true and the clock based one
was lost, then this approach will still work.

Dar Scott

     Dar Scott Consulting
     http://www.swcp.com/dsc/
     Programming Services