Convert frequency to RGB

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon Aug 11 19:33:01 EDT 2003

> > Ideally if it were to be in libColor I'd like a WavelengthToRGB
> > function and
> > an RGBToWavelength function.
>
> In general, you can't do an RGBToWavelength.

Hmmm... You're probably right. I'd read Jim's problem as a need for a
general translation algorithm from a one dimensional value to three
dimensional RIB. An increase in the one dimensional value resulting in a
change in color towards a psychologically more intense color. An example use
of this could be a heat map.

Even if a lookup table or some type of search algorithm was required for the
reverse translation it could be useful.

Cheers

Monte