Losing track of time

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Aug 11 18:54:00 EDT 2003

Recently, "Dar Scott"  wrote:

>> I still think you will all find that maintaining a built-in timer with
>> tight
>> accuracy is too much work.  Just poll the current time and base your
>> calculations on that.
>
> For several reasons, I think you are right in this case.  However,
> there are cases when accurate timing is needed.

Right, but the original post referenced an hourly chime.

If you need accurate timing across a span of a few seconds, or maybe even
minutes, I would expect a custom timer will work fine.  Change that span to
hours or days and you'll be better off pointing an infrequent time
comparison script at the current time.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director