Convert frequency to RGB

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Aug 11 18:27:01 EDT 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 04:43 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> I think I have found what I need. I had hoped I could find an
> algebraic formula for the translation from wavelength to rgb values. I
> did a Google search and found the following program; I will see if I
> can translate it into Transcript.

That should translate OK.  As with yours, it changes only red, green or
blue at a time, and thus will vary in intensity in ways not intended.
The blue-purple looks like it goes too purple to me.  The function does
attempt to put an envelope over the whole thing that is probably
related to sun intensity and eye response.

See how it looks.

Dar Scott