revSpeech & revVideo - the "All Other" Inclusions

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Mon Aug 11 17:01:04 EDT 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 03:39  PM, Barry Levine wrote:

> I just built a Distribution that included the "All Other" choice; I
> needed the Speech library. After building the app, I also ended up
> with two bundles: revspeech.bundle and revvideograbber.bundle. I would
> imagine that I can simply toss the video bundle as my app does nothing
> with this. However, I'd like not to have this "extra" item floating
> around that the user will, eventually, toss (thinking that it is not
> needed).
>
> So the question is: Can I place the contents of this bundle into the
> main app's package and, if so, how? I know how to open the pkg
> contents; what I'm asking is which files go where? I tried putting the
> files from the bundles into the same places (Contents, MacOS,
> Resources) but the app then had no speech capability.
>
> Any advice is appreciated.

Barry, there are a couple of ways you can do this by setting the
externals property, to point to the location of the revspeech.bundle.
See the recent thread:

	Re: Externals [was: How to place revVideograbber bundle inside of the
app bundle? ]

Or search the archive for app bundle.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com