revSpeech & revVideo - the "All Other" Inclusions

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Mon Aug 11 16:46:00 EDT 2003

I just built a Distribution that included the "All Other" choice; I
needed the Speech library. After building the app, I also ended up with
two bundles: revspeech.bundle and revvideograbber.bundle. I would
imagine that I can simply toss the video bundle as my app does nothing
with this. However, I'd like not to have this "extra" item floating
around that the user will, eventually, toss (thinking that it is not
needed).

So the question is: Can I place the contents of this bundle into the
main app's package and, if so, how? I know how to open the pkg
contents; what I'm asking is which files go where? I tried putting the
files from the bundles into the same places (Contents, MacOS,
Resources) but the app then had no speech capability.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry