Losing track of time

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Aug 11 16:48:00 EDT 2003

>To illustrate what I mean: with your script, if each execution lasts
>5 seconds, then
>
>you send at 18:00:00
>the script executes and plays sound and resends the request at 19:00:05
>the script executes and plays sound and resends the request at 19:00:10
>the script executes and plays sound and resends the request at 19:00:15

I meant, of course,

you send at 18:00:00
the script executes and plays sound and resends the request at 19:00:05
the script executes and plays sound and resends the request at 20:00:10
the script executes and plays sound and resends the request at 21:00:15

If you see the time always 5 second late, that is

you send at 18:00:00
the script executes and plays sound and resends the request at 19:00:05
the script executes and plays sound and resends the request at 20:00:05
the script executes and plays sound and resends the request at 21:00:05

then the first execution may trigger some delay which just stays on.

Robert