QT players and audio (OS X dist.)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sun Aug 10 00:52:00 EDT 2003

At 4:48PM -0700 8/9/03, Kurt Kaufman wrote:
>QT players for audio or MIDI.  The controller does not update properly
>and/or behaves erratically."
>
>I checked the Rev bugzilla, but find only a reference to problems with
>"callbacks".  Not knowing much about this sort of thing, I wonder if
>this is a reference to the problem I mentioned above, or something
>else?  BTW, the problem still exists with OS X distributions built with
>the Rev. 2.1 beta.

Is this what you're seeing? (from the release notes):

Issue:  When using QuickTime 5, the controller thumb in a player does not
always update properly while a movie is playing. This issue is being
actively investigated with Apple.
Workaround:  Do something that will force the controller to be redrawn: for
example, set the player's showController property to false in a preOpenCard
handler and back to true in an openCard handler, or the reverse with the
alwaysBuffer property.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/