Externals [was: How to place revVideograbber bundle inside of the app bundle? ]

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Fri Aug 8 19:49:00 EDT 2003

> [snip]
>> Oh wait... *I think* this will work: set the externals to just
>> "revvideograbber.bundle" (no path). And put the revvideograbber.bundle
>> into the folder Your.app/Contents/MacOS , right alongside the actual
>> executable.
> [/snip]

If this doesn't work, you might try setting to
"./Contents/MacOS/revvideograbber.bundle
Relative paths can be handy here.

Of course on Windows and Linux you'll have to store this somewhere
else, as there is no bundle. I don't think there's any way you'll be
able to distribute a single file on these platforms: the videograbber
would have to be added to the core engine for that.

You can always create a "Support Files" folder, or something like that
alongside the app- no need to leave the external naked, and you can
throw other resources such as upgradable stacks, images, audio, etc in
there also.

HTH

Brian