I speak German, so I think that I can't use Revolution, merde :-)

Tuviah Snyder tuviah at runrev.com
Fri Aug 8 15:23:01 EDT 2003

> I create a new stack, save it as "äÃ"ÃoüÃ-öÃYÃY.rev" and it will be
written
> to a file with
> this name WITOUT PROBLEM:
>
> aÌ^AÌ^uÌ^UÌ^oÌ^OÌ^ÃYÃYÃY.rev
>
> BUT any attempt to save this file again will end in an error and an
> empty file
> called:
>
> â^s§â^sNÌfâ^sºâ^súâ^sâ^,â^snÌfâ^suÌ^â^suÌ^â^suÌ^.rev~
>
> and thus unusable...
>
> Same with MetaCard so this is definitively a HEAVY BUG in the engine.
> Big fun...
>
> Please bug-report this to "bugzilla"...
>
> Until this will get fixed, the only workaround will be to not use
> accents and
> umlauts and special chars... :-(
Is reported already and is being fixed. The problem was that when we went to
Mach-O architecture, we had to use UTF-8 for file names. Therefore
internally we have to convert from Mac/ISO to UTF-8 when specifying file
names and vice versa when getting filenames.

So please be patient, developing a dynamic rad tool which supports all
platforms and
all languages in the world is not an easy task for any development team.

Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought