I speak German, so I think that I can't use Revolution, merde :-)

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Aug 8 06:53:02 EDT 2003

Bonjour François,

> The review is here (http://www.cuk.ch/articles/tests)
>
> I think that I have to change something in my review.
>
> So maybe it is one of my last messages on this list.
>
> For me, it's terrible but it's like that.
>
> Friendly
>
> François
>

> --------------
> François Cuneo
> Site Web dédié au Macintosh http://www.cuk.ch
> E-mail: francois.cuneo at cuk.ch

I just did some tests her in my german OS X and it doesn't work with
german Umlauts, too...

Funny thing:

I create a new stack, save it as "äÄÜüÖößß.rev" and it will be written
to a file with
this name WITOUT PROBLEM:

äÄüÜöÖßßß.rev

BUT any attempt to save this file again will end in an error and an
empty file
called:

äÄüÜöÖßßß.rev~

and thus unusable...

Same with MetaCard so this is definitively a HEAVY BUG in the engine.
Big fun...

Please bug-report this to "bugzilla"...

Until this will get fixed, the only workaround will be to not use
accents and
umlauts and special chars... :-(

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
www.major-k.de

P.S.
I would really love to hear a little bit more form edinburgh on this
list...
Some sort of affirmation or stuff, just to make their customers feel
"safe" or "secure"...
(This is hard to express as a non-native english speaker... You get the
picture...:-)

Especially with posts like the one of Francois, which definitively
points to some severe bug...

Yes, yes, yes, OK, OK, OK, don't beat me, they are covered with work,
but so are many of us, too, and want just get our work done!

In my opinion there is too much action going on in the moment and
too few comments from the company...