I speak French, so I think that I can't use Revolution, aaaaargh.

Fran=?ISO-8859-1?B?5w==?=ois Cuneo francois.cuneo at cuk.ch
Fri Aug 8 02:29:01 EDT 2003

Hello everybody,

I'm sorry, but I have asked a lot of questions this last days and I have no
answer (just one from Yves) about something that maybe prohibs me to use
Revolution.

Why?

Because I think that's it is impossible to use what all people who speaks
French does: use our char in File's names!

If you save a file like

Save this stack as "Révolution.rev"

I obtain the first time that seems to be e good file.

But When I open and I save again the file I obtain Rˆ©volution.rev~ that
prohibs Revolution to save correctly the stack.

So I have asked how to correct that.

The answser from Yves (save as Whatever.rev and rename it to Révolution.rev
works only if I don't open the stack another time in the same session (the
files stays im memory, so it's impossible to open it again)

I have asked about UTF8 conversion of the files names (I'm sure that here is
the problem, I had exactly the same with RealBasic, and it was corrected
with a conversion) but I had no answer.

I have asked about how to purge a stack, no answer.

So I think that I don't have a solution, and for me (and for all people that
use   diacritical char), that is a basic necessity.

And I'm sorry but I think that Revolution is not for me.

The problem, that I have writed a review about Revolution (some thousands
have read it)  and I say that Revolution is THE solution for all people that
have used languages like Hypertalk and maybe for all that whant to begin to
write applications.

The review is here (http://www.cuk.ch/articles/tests)

I think that I have to change something in my review.

So maybe it is one of my last messages on this list.

For me, it's terrible but it's like that.

Friendly

François

François Cuneo
Site Web dédié au Macintosh http://www.cuk.ch