Revolution speed sucks?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Aug 7 14:27:00 EDT 2003

Andy, grab some coffee and lets chat.

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 12:29 PM, yoy wrote:

> Still, Perl is much faster. I generated another 50,000 games
> (Powerball) and
> with error checking and print OUT and it took only 5 seconds.
>
> The price you pay for a gui?? Maybe I just wrote better perl code than
> revolution code. ;-)

And it may be that one or both are flawed.

You have asked for advice and in my opinion you got lots of good advice
on how to speed up your scripts.  It takes some work to do that and
folks have provided lots of help to minimize that work for you.

Folks here know I'm willing to point out Revolution faults as needed,
yet I find the subject line offensive and some of your comments
provocative.  I would like to be helpful, yet this causes me to be less
so.  This is not effective; at least not for me.  I'm not going to take
offense and go and rewrite your Revolution code for you.  For the most
part folks here tend to be easy-going and--fortunately for me--very
patient.  I like the style and try to fit in with that.  Where I seem
abrasive, it is mostly because I'm socially inept, I think.  I confess
that your approach makes we wonder whether your perl code was written
by some other list.

So, Andy, folks really want to help.  I think it grand that they have
even with an offensive subject line.  I recommend you return the good
will.

My coffee cup is empty, so lets get back to work.

Dar Scott