JPEGs have 40 frames?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Aug 7 13:55:00 EDT 2003

Hi Barry,

> I'm using QT Player objects to hold (referenced) jpegs or movies.
> The user makes this choice so the Player is required. I've noticed
> that when I reference a jpeg, the property inspector says it has 40
> frames and I can actually change the currentTime in the property
> inspector from 0 up to 40. Is this a bug or is there something about
> jpegs I don't understand?

I don't know what's going on here exactly (in a technical sense) but
from
experience i can say this could be another QuickTime feature ;-)

Looks like QT sees still-images just as very short movies ;-)

Even in QT-Player a JPG has the duration of 2 frames...

So this is probably not a bug in RR :-)

Don't worry, your knowledge about JPGs is definitively OK ;-)

> Regards,
> Barry

Regards

Klaus Major