what selected text?!

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 02:42:01 EDT 2003

--- Steve Ralston <sralston at dyton.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying the most basic thing with a button and
> text in a field. My
> buttons script is
> "on mouseUp
> put the selectedText
> end mouseUp"
>
> I select text in the field, push the button, and all
> that happens is the
> text de-selects. I'm just trying to get a handle on
> how to work with
> text so I can apply styles, etc., eventually, but
> I'm missing something
> it appears.
>
> Any suggestions are very appreciated.
>
> Steve Ralston

Hi Steve,

The poroblem here is that when you activate a button
under Windows (or any other OS that allows you to
'tab' to a button), the focus is automatically taken
away from the field.
Type the following in the message box :
  set the traversalOn of btn <YourButtonName> to false
This will prevent the button from stealing the focus.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====