Standalone doesn't close when requested - solution, I think

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Wed Aug 6 16:18:01 EDT 2003

 From the standalone "one" I was using this code:

go stack "two.rev"
close stack "one.rev"

Which did not close the "one.rev" window but left it open behind
"two.rev"

I switched the lines as follows:

hide this stack
go stack "two.rev"

This works.

Can you actually issue a "close" command to the file that contains the
standalone code?

I understand the difference between the file and the stack(s) it
contains. (Thank you for the reminder, Klaus.)

How would you go from the standalone (splashscreen) to another stack so
that the splashscreen is not seen any more?

I should note that there is also a stack file named "three.rev" which
is called from the "two.rev" file. In that stack, I use these two lines
of code:

go stack "three.rev"
close stack "two.rev"
-- these work fine!

While my (new) two lines of code work (from the standalone to
"two.rev", I would prefer to do this in the approved manner (which I
may be doing seredipitously).

Further clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry